Valentine White Chocolate Coated Fuzzy Chestnuts
Yield: 10 chocolate fuzzies
- 10 pieces DDPK chestnuts
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup DDPK shredded coconut
- Liquid food coloring – neon pink and/or red
- DDPK black currants, to make eyes
- 20 candy hearts, to make ears
- Place chocolate chips into the microwave-safe bowl and place the bowl in the microwave. Heat for 20 seconds, remove bowl from microwave, stir and press the chocolate chips, return the chocolate chips to microwave and heat for another 20 seconds. Repeat until half of the chocolate chips are melted and stir until smooth. Stop heating the chocolate chips when they’re slightly more than half melted. Residual heat from the melted chocolate will melt any remaining un-melted pieces.
- Print out feet template from internet. Set the printed fuzzy feet template under a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Fitted a disposable pastry bag with round piping tip and fill with 1/3 of the melted chocolate. Pipe feet, Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Place coconut in a zip bag, Color your coconut by adding 3 drops of neon pink per cup of coconut or 5 drops of red per cup of coconut. Seal bag and shake until coconut is uniformly colored. Add more coloring until you reach the desired shade.
- Heat the remaining chocolate in the microwave again, stir until smooth. Set one chestnut into melted white chocolate melts. Use a fork to submerge the ball in the white coating. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate coating. Set the dipped chestnut into the colored coconut. Sprinkle and press the coconut all over the chestnut.
- Pipe melted chocolate on fuzzy feet and attached coated chestnut. Pipe fuzzy eyes and press halved currant to make eyes. Pipe melted chocolate on top and press down two candy hearts to make ears. Let harden before you move it around.