Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp Dan-D-Pak green curry paste
- 2 chicken breast or 500g chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (400 ml) Dan-D-Pak coconut milk, add more to cover chicken in liquid if needed
- ½ Tbsp fish sauce (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup diced eggplant or other vegetables, optional
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh Thai basil, garnish
- 5 pieces fresh kaffir lime leaves, optional
Heat oil in a large sauce pan, add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stir in coconut milk and water, bring to a boil.
Add chicken pieces, kaffir lime leaves, diced eggplant and other vegetables, stir to combine, simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Add fish sauce, brown sugar, and fresh lime juice, stir well.
Sprinkle with fresh Thai basil just before serving.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice.