- 500g minced beef
- 25g sliced salami, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Dan-D-Pak™ Rubbed Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dan-D-Pak™ Rubbed Basil
- 1 Tbsp Dan-D-Pak™ Parsley Flakes
- Dan-D-Pak™ Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form tablespoonful of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
For Tomato Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine, chicken or beef stock
- 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or stock and simmer until reduced by 1/2. Return meatballs to pan with tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve hot as appetizer or serve with pasta as main course.