Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup DDPK azuki beans (Chinese red beans)
- ½ cup DDPK black glutinous rice
- 10 cups water
- Rock sugar, to taste
- DDPK coconut cream, to serve
- Rinse beans and glutinous rice, drain well.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add in beans and rice, bring to a boil again. Uncover.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until beans and glutinous rice softened, and the soup thickened. The longer you cook, the softer the beans, the thicker the soup. Add more water if needed. When it’s almost done, add rock sugar to taste.
- Serve hot with coconut cream on top.