Yield: 1 loaf
- ¾ cup DDPK dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup DDPK raisins
- 1 cup DDPK wheat bran
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups warm milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon DDPK ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon DDPK ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon DDPK nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a deep 7 ¼ inch x 4 ¼ inch loaf pan and line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- Soak the apricots, raisins, wheat bran, and brown sugar in the milk in a large bowl for 30 minutes, or until the milk is almost completely absorbed. Stir in the flours and all the spices to form a stiff, moist batter. Spoon the mixture into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. Leave in the pan to cool for 15 minutes before turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into thick slices. Serve with butter and dust with icing sugar if desired.